Monday, March 19, 2007

Presenting the new jersey!!!!

I hope you all can see this! It's the most awesome jersey I've ever laid my eyes on! Jon has really gone over the top on this one! I hope you can click on it and see the big version. This is the jersey we are getting for the River 2 River ride in June!


Have you ever had those days where you look up and several days have gone by and you didn't even realize it? From last Thursday until this afternoon have been sort of a zip-zap-zoom. I worked through the day Thursday with really no sleep.

Friday -- Terri and I went to Roma for dinner. Oh man, I could live in that place!

Saturday -- stuff around the house then a nice 69.7 mile ride at 15.7 mph average. Then we grilled for dinner! Yummmmm!

Sunday -- Church, down to Benton to visit Dad, back to Sherwood, worked on donor letters for the ride in June, had friends over.

Monday -- Work, spent all afternoon doing pre-surgery for my ear surgery in April. 4 hours of docs and waiting. Gee whiz! Got home, rode 29 miles and was very surprised to see a 17.1 average especially since I rode the hill in the backside of Burn's Park. Saw my first snake of the season. It had just been hit by a car and was still moving a little.

Ok, Dad news... first of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind notes, emails and phone calls. Dad has been moved to a "skilled nursing" area. I thought the name was funny. Aren't all nurses skilled? Anyway, he has a huge room and the unit is set up so that he learns daily living skills again. The whole illness was centered around diabetes. He is doing things that he hasn't been able to do in 3 years! He has workouts a couple times a day. When we saw him yesterday he looked like a different man all together! He even spent the night solo in his room. I think his life is going to be better and this whole thing was a wake up call for him. His mental alertness was so much better too!

Well y'all take care!
Geo

2 comments:

Wes said...

That is an entirely awesome jersey. Whoever wears that must feel very very honored. Geo!! That's an incredible ride, dude. I am dreaming of some day being able to turn in that kind of performance on a training ride. And your dad? Wow! You are just bubbling with good stuff today. That's great news and I'm so excited and thankful that things are moving in a positive direction.

Geo said...

Thanks Wes!