Sunday, April 30, 2006

Starbucks in the Mist

I woke this morning at 6, showered and was in my car heading to Starbucks by 6:30. The rain stopped and the sun was shining. Beautiful morning. Yes, I did think about riding but the roads are still wet. As I was on my way to Starbucks it kept looking as if it was getting really cloudy again. It was a fog bank coming over the hill. I actually parked and went in for my order since there was only one other person there. When I came out the fog was just down the road and by the time I started my car it was like a cloud landed on the place. I could see the fog rolling by. I kept waiting for whatever monster Scooby Doo was going to be chasing to be in it. I drove in and out of the fog several times on my way back to the house.

Got home, read the paper and the latte has officially kicked in! Oh by the way, I let the dogs out into the backyard so they could do their business and the first thing they did was find the low spot in the yard and splash in! Again and again... sooooo guess who will be staying out all day! I mean they are nasty mud puppys! If it wasn't a church morning I'd wash 'em and keep 'em in til the ground dries a little more.

Not sure how much rain we got but the flooding made the Weather Channel top story and I know that a car dealership was under water at the tune of a million dollars.

Several of us are riding this afternoon so it will be interesting to see how high the river is and how much wash out is in the middle of the bike roads. The plan today is to ride the 34 miles of the river roads and then climb 3 different hills. We call it the Triple Bypass ride. The crew I'll be riding with is a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to it. I thought about going to ride the "since you didn't ride in the rain" Tour de Toad today but just not in the mood to drive to Conway mainly because gas is so high I'm really trying to cut back. Yes, I am considering biking to work now that it's warm but I've got to have the car for a couple of things this week.

Well, got to go get really for church. I'll log in tonight and update about where and how I rode this afternoon.

No comments: