Thursday, June 15, 2006

My bud Joe Kurmaskie has a new book. Sneak Preview here!

Several folks have asked me what prompted my desire to try bike touring last year and one of the main reasons came from reading Joe Kurmaskie's books. They are a must for anyone thinking about or having done bike touring. His books are not boring "I took this street blah blah blah". His are filled with bar stories, undercover agents in the ruins of south America, some dream about bagpipe girls of Ireland. Serious they are great reads and if you've had a stressful day, then read a chapter or two and you'll forget about your worries and be laughing loud enough to wake the rest of the house.

Joe has a new book about to hit Sept 1st. Last summer he took his son's Quinn and Enzo (cool names huh?!) on a bike ride. Ya ready for this? Joe PULLED the kids across the country. His bike ended up being 14 feet long. The December issue of Men's Journal had a short essay about the trip. Well, I got an email from Joe yesterday (it's a form of torture he enjoys sending me) and it's the first part of the new book. He can't send anymore due to publisher contract and he knows it was just enough to make me beg for more. I even asked him to have Quinn and Enzo draw pictures of the next chapters and I'd try and figure out what happens next.

Here's Joe's website and below is the first part of the book. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
If you need the website address it's on my main page as a link as well.
http://www.metalcowboy.com/

By the way, if you order directly from his website the book is going to be a fund raiser for Camp Creative. Do me a favor and support this guy and his cause!


***OK... I talked to Joe and I need to remove the pasted version. If you read it already, you got lucky. If it being removed while you're in the middle of a paragraph, well then now you know how I feel! HA! Anyway, Joe is sending a clean copy and some other stuff so watch for a new blog posting in a few days with the sneak preview. I promise it's worth the wait!

No comments: