Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hell's Gate opens at 5:30 tomorrow



That's right, you heard me! Hell's Gate opens at 5:30pm tomorrow.
I return to the fitness center for training. All that slacking has come to an end. The demons will greet me at the entrance tomorrow holding billy clubs and whips. They will roll their eyes if I even mention pain or shake. They are evil but I love them and they make me a better man. I will sweat so bad that I'll fry my hearing aid and CI... and then I'll smile because I have coverage!

I've got that Coldplay song "Clocks" stuck in my head again... goes right along with the feeling of the night before training starts...
Lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
You've put me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead (singing)
Come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple off my head (and a)
Trouble that can't be named, a tiger's waiting to be tamed (singing)
You are, you are


First order of business is a spin class at 5:30 tomorrow. Those will be Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Tuesday and Thurs and maybe Fridays will be core training. I will be told to walk around with a bottle of water and cut the crap food. You know that stuff I've been eating for the past 3 months. I will be the first to admit I did not train as I should have last year for my cycling. Don't get me wrong at all here... I had an awesome coach (Mark)last year and he pushed me but I should have stayed on the core training as I did when I looped the state tour. Man, I wish I had time to pull another one off those tours.

Saturday may find me heading back to the farmlands for a building base miles ride. Temps are going to nose dive then come back to normal by the weekend. Of course Friday they are using that "freezing rain" word. In my mind, I tell myself to use the word "commitment" again and again and again.

Big news.... Arkansas Children's Hospital made the Forbes TOP 100 Employers in the US to work for! As a recruiter that's like the gold card! By the way, we had almost 10K applicants apply last year. Gee after this I wonder how much that will jump?

Life is good... r.e.a.l good

No comments: