Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Midweek... snow? No Snow?

It's midweek... that's right kids... I took out the trash this morning to the curb so that means only one thing... the weekend is coming!

First off congrats to Wes and his wife DeeDee for conquering the Disney Marathon last weekend. Those two ran 26.2 miles around Disney with hundreds of others. What to read the write up? Click over to your right on the link for Code Geeks Tail. It's a great write up.

Rumor has it there could be some snow during the night. I hope it plays nice and no ice. I can work from home so that part is not a big deal. Since Emmy is a senior, they don't have t make up any snow days so she is hoping for a blizzard. HA!

Dad is scheduled to FINALLY be released to go home from the hospital Saturday! I had a guy go to their house today and flip the doors on the bathroom to open out rather than in. That way if Dad ever gets in a jam in the restroom someone can get him out. Peace of mind. I drove down and hung out with him after work last night and had to to myself (rare!). We laughed a lot and had a good time.

Not much else going on. CI is doing great and I'm used to it now. I got to speak with a guy who is a big time water skier today in the Audiology center and he is considering a CI. Super nice guy. He and his wife asked questions and the wife said she didn't even notice mine! Mine is dark gray to match my hair. Fashionable man that I am! HA! Still need to work with the music program more. Practice practice.

Life is good!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Woooooooooooooo hooo! Daddy coming home! I'm so glad to hear that, I'm sure you are too.

Please keep the snow down there :) Lasso it if you can and I will be forever grateful :)

Did they hook you up with a music program to listen to music?

Jennifer said...

We got a little snow but it turned into sleet a few minutes ago...blech! They may let the kids out of school yet...if the grass is white they USUALLY let them stay home. They are all wound up and excited but I'm making them go to bed anyway! :)
I'm glad your dad's home...I know you're relieved :)!

Wes said...

Thanks for the shout out, Geeeeoooooooo :-) We got a good snow fall last night. Didn't stick to the roads, but did stick to everything else. This cold weather is going to crimp my style and make it difficult to get in the 8 mile time trial :-)