Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thursday 4.9.09

First off, Terri van was acting weird and we took it to the Honda place. Transmission. Yep, I can see you looking at this screen and shaking your head because you know it's going to hurt. Nothing like cashing in vacation time for the car. On the other hand, I'm very thankful I have a job and can cash in vacation time for something like this. We should get the van back Tuesday and we can ride together to work so it's not that big of a deal.

I didn't ride yesterday which was probably one of the best days of the year so far to ride. We were dealing with the van and rode together plus I had to start getting Sunday media stuff together. There's video and special songs and special prayers and we'll be packed for Easter. Should be a nice service then it's down to Benton for Easter Sunday lunch with the whole family.

Ok so here's what's up in the days ahead. My daughter said I was weird. It's training so what can I say? It's a night training session this Friday night. Yep, I'll be riding through the night. At first when Brad to me to do this I thought he was crazy but the more I've taken his advice the more confident I have become for the 24 hour ride.

Start time will be after dinner and food has settled. Probably go down to the river and ride as long as it seems safe then I'll take a break and come to the house and put the trainer out in the garage with the garage door open and the studio bike in the den and ride through the night until about 5 then take a break and go back to the river. Hope for 12 hours. I even thought about taking the bike over to Sylvan Hills track and just riding laps since that would be safe. It's open all the time. Low temp is supposed to be 56 degrees so it will be comfortable.

If I stay up all night on Friday riding then Saturday morning will be a nap. I do not sleep during the day no matter how tired I am. It's a rare thing for me anyway.

I'll update Thursday night or Friday with more details.

Life is good...cause I'm gonna get a new transmission!

No comments: