Friday, August 12, 2005

TGIF and other things

I'm glad it's Friday! Wohooo!!! Weekend time!

Been a good week! Emily and I went down to see my folks yesterday. Always so much fun to get to have a date with my daughter (without the entourage of friends). HA! Mom and Dad were doing good. Sherry came over and we all had lunch together. Barbie was off and had taken her little grandson, Bo, to buy school clothes.

The Grumpy Old Men club was there when we got there. It's a few of dad's buddies from church. It warms my heart that they are so good to come over to visit him EVERY Thursday morning. They all used to go to the dounut shop and terrorize the place as only retirees can but they have slowly been taken aside by illnesses and struggles that have to our seniors.

Tomorrow at 6:25 a.m. I'm meeting a lot of cyclist to ride what is called a ride of silence in honor of Jason Pratt who was killed by a hit and run driver while he was riding at that time last Saturday. The ride is only 3 miles but it's a statement that tells the world we will not stand for this type of behavior.

The temperature got to 101 today and everything is getting so dried out. If you don't water your grass, it turns brown and crunchy. Funny thought... In the summer with no rain your grass is brown and crunchy. During the winter with frozen rain your grass is brown and crunchy.

I'll write some more tomorrow. We've got to get another computer so I can keep up with this stuff. I can't really do this doing work.

No comments: