Thursday, October 13, 2005

October baseball

All I can say is ASTROS!!!! I always pull for the underdog and I've got a really bad feeling that I'm about to be tossed from my family. The Card's are an Arkansas team. Well we used to be part of their "farm" but we belong to the Angels now.

One of my favorite childhood memories is getting to go to an Astros game in Houston. Astros vs LA Dodgers. I was 11 and it was a part of a trip to Astroworld in Houston. Sometimes parents have no idea that some small is a huge memory.

My son Tyler told me once that he loved it when we went to Disney one spring break because we all acted different and had a blast. Actually it was when we were all going through a hard time and Tyler asked me why I didn't act like I did when we were at Disney... "we were friends that day." That statement broke my heart but like I said, we were doing hardtime. I try to make better memories for my kids now.

I got replacement cleats for my bike shoes and Bruce (owner of the Chainwheel bike shop) said I had worn those cleats completely down. It took me an hour to change them out due to the wear was all the way to the screws. Now they are probably so tight that I'll be locked in and fall when I stop.

1 comment:

Jim Gardner said...

George,

Great thoughts about your relationship with your kids. I've sensed the very same thing with my girls -- but they aren't old enough to voice what Tyler did. Today I have learned from your experience. Thanks for sharing.

And, by the way, I'm pulling for the Astros too if, for no other reason than to make Ryan mad. I love using my blog to incite him!