Friday, October 14, 2005

You did what??!!!

I had a "meeting" this morning. Man, it was a great "meeting" too! I was so stuffed with "knowledge" by the time we left Ozark Smokehouse... uh, I meant our "meeting". Actually I met with a recruiter from another firm and we ate and talked business. Ok the honest truth was that Rance, Kim and I met and had breakfast.

I rode with the guys last night and Mark was riding strong to have had surgery 3 weeks ago. I really wanted to work hard for the team so I pulled for long stretches at 21-23 mph. My new cleats work really well. When we were coming back Mark and I broke away from the group and cut loose! When we got back to the parking lot and didn't even see the crew coming up the road yet, we gave each other the smashing fist high five! Mark is a great guy that goes to Fellowship and rides for Carve too (I think). I hope I can keep my level up to continue to ride at his pace.

Tonight is Sylvan Hills homecoming. I hope the guys pull a win tonight. they need one! One of Emily's bud's was at the house last night . Boles is a terrific baseball player and an all around good guy. He came by to show us his senior photos and they are great. Anyway, he was going on about how the football team gets this that and homecoming, etc. I looked at him in the eye and said but Boles, you guys got a 5A state title and that's worth at lot more than homecoming. He agreed. Maybe this year we can find some stuff to help them like some sort of event like homecoming. Try outs are 1st week of Jan and games start in Late Feb. Ahhh yes, those baseball games where you freeze to death. I'm proud of our Bear Baseball!

I'll probably miss tonight's ballgame due to Terri working a booth selling these really cool bear blankets and Emily will be down in the student crowd. I've got to be really to ride in Jonesboro.

No comments: