Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Therapy: Laughing with friends

It's officially over the hump for the week! Yep, It's one-o-three so that means it's time to start getting ready for the weekend...ain't I right?! It's funny how certain things in the middle of the week make you get a little bit more happier that it's inching closer to Friday afternoon at 5 p.m. (My favorite part of the weekend!). For example, on Wednesday morning I have to get the trash to the curb for pick up. That means it's getting close to the weekend! When they have triple meat pizza in the cafe, that means it's closer to the weekend! If I sat and thought about this somemore I could probably find a few more!

I got to ride yesterday afternoon with the team. We rode strong and kept a good 21 mph pace. Just a fun workout. We only have a couple more weeks and the daylight savings will change. I'm hoping to get permission to use the spin bikes on Tues/Thurs so we can keep up the level we are at now. Mark went back out for a few more miles after we finished and almost hit an armadillo on his way back in. When the sunsets there are all sorts of critters that come out and walk along the bike path. I've had to slow for deer more than I could count.

They (Team Yale) are going to be a part of the Mud Race in a couple of weeks but I'll be out of town. The team name is "Dirty Dad's and Wild Wives!". I really wish I could be there to see this! I might just have to get the t-shirt anyway! Now that would turn some head's in the fitness center huh?!

I have the whole side of the building to myself today since the others are at ASU. I didn't have anything from them that I needed to recruit for so I'm catching the calls for the others. I've gotten a ton of work done! Very quite over here.

Hey yesterday I was helping load the car for their recruiting trip and one of the handles on the suit cases broke and as I pitched it into the back the metal caught my finger and gave me a cut. No biggie I just squeezed my finger then went on with what I was doing. Lo and behold I look down and there is blood dripping off my hand. I put my other hand under it and walk across the parking lot to employee health. I now have a puddle of blood in my hand. Got it cleaned off and it looks like a long paper cut but man did that thing bleed. They put a butterfly on it and give me a LOT of grief but all in good humor. Those guys (Jason, Juanita, Becky, Linda, Barbara, Mary) are all bud's of mine anyway. They are all as different as night and day but it's a good mix.

Sunday I will be out at the 4H Center to celebrate my Dad's 81st birthday! He and Mom are doing good and plugging right along. I think fall is their favorite time of the year because they know that the holidays are coming and family traffic will pick up around their house soon. They live for family.

No comments: