Friday, October 27, 2006

How the trip back to the 70's and 80's ends...

Last night after I blogged I returned to the 70's era and ended up on the RUSHwebsite. You remember them don't you? Tom Sawyer, 2112, Lakeside Park (This is starting to sound like an oldies infommercial). Hang with me another minute and you'll like this.

The drummer for RUSH is Neal Peart. I remember he had more drums on stage than any band and he didn't need gimmicks, he was that good. So there is a link to his website. I go there. There and then I see a link to "Books". Hummmm, wonder what the drummer reads? To my surprise, it's not what the drummer reads, it's what the drummer writes! He writes about a trip he made across Africa *** ON HIS BICYCLE!!! So here's the link and when the page opens look at the top and find the icon for "Books". You can hear him read an exerpt from the books and they are long exerpts, so enjoy. www.neilpeart.net

Note to some of you: Yes, Rush used a wicked looking symbol as their logo but I enjoyed them and never found "witches" in the tunes. A lot of fantasy sort of stuff.

No comments: