Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend warp up

Sorry, I was having too much fun to stop and write over the weekend. I got chores down and was able to get out and ride midmorning on Saturday. It was really nice out by then. Not to hot and not to cold. I spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage and putting stuff up in the attic. The plan was to get up there and move stuff around and actually move Christmas stuff to the front so I could get it down easy on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. We don't do anything with it really until the Friday but it's fun to get it all down.

There was a thing called the Mud Run Ssaturday that a lot of folks went to and it sounded like it was a lot of fun! Congrats to you finishers.

Sunday, I went to church, over to Applebees to eat. Hey, you've got to try that new menu! I have some signature dish that one of the chefs that Terri likes to watch on the Food Channel. Tyler somebody has taken over the menu at Applebees and I had herb chicken but it had a salad on top of it. It was one of the best meals I've eaten out in a long time. I ate it ALL.

Afterwards, Terri and I went to our offices just for a moment. I had to email a project out and couldn't get it to go from the house and Terri had some stuff she needed to take back to her office storage. We were finished in about 30 minutes and on our way back home.

When we got home I made sure Terri didn't need the car and drove down to the river and spent the afternon riding. I checked email a moment ago and read where one of our riders said it was THE day to ride. I couldn't have agreed more! The afternoon temps were great, the sun was shining, and the leaves are starting to burst into their fall show colors. I rode up River Mtn Road and lookedn down into a raven and spotted a group of hickory trees that looked like they were on fire. The color was bright yellow and breath taking. Or maybe it was the ride up the mountain that was breath taking!

I spent the whole afternoon riding without one stop. I rode what we call the Triple Bypass which is 3 nice sized hills. The one that gets me the most is Overlook but even yesterday I was really enjoying my ride up. I felt better on my bike yesterday then I have in a long time. I keep trying to figure out what it was that made me feel so alive out there. The weather? The lose of a little weight? The pasta the night before? The lunch I enjoyed so much? The tunes playing? If I could bottle that formula up it would be magic. Speaking of magic, as I rode up River Mt which was the last of my three climbs I had Grand Funk Railroad's "Closer to Home" playing just as I started the climb. The tune went in perfect timing with the climb. As I got 2/3's of the way up he sun was hitting the road and trees at the top while I was riding in the shadow. It was really pretty and the part I liked the best was in the song there are some sound effects of water splashing gentally then the rythum picks up. Maybe you had to be there, but it was cool.

I got to ride a while and chat with one of my favorite riders in town. The Wizard! This gy has a ZZ Top beard, hair tied back, all mostly gray. He has an older bike that is spotless, high top sneakers (PF Flyers!) and a kit (clothes) that are an insane clown. If you first saw him, you'd probably move away but he is eally one of the nicest folks out on the trail. Waves or says hello to just about everyone. Rides lightening fast. We rode for a while together then he dropped off ?!? The Wizard dropped off? So I looked over my shoulder several times and nothing in sight. I felt bad for a moment and considered turning around to see if he had a flat or something. Over the long wooden bridge I go and looked over my shoulder and he was drafting me.

More later!

No comments: