Sunday, December 18, 2005

Still snowing in Denver

Copied from News9 Denver website:

DENVER - It will be a weekend filled with frigid temperatures and snowy weather for much of Colorado.
9News Meteorologist Marty Coniglio says a surge of cold air has moved into Colorado from the north, and with it comes some snow.
Highs along the Front Range will barely reach 20 degrees Saturday, and lows will be in the single digits. About an inch of snow will accumulate during the day, with an additional inch or two falling overnight.
The northern mountains are likely to get anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of fine powder. The snow will accumulate over a 24-hour period, so no Winter Weather Advisories are expected.
Sunday will see much of the same weather, with more light snow and continued bitter cold.
Temperatures finally move above freezing Monday, and even warmer weather moves in by midweek.
*************************************************************************************


It's still snowing in Denver but this town doesn't slow down! We went out to a huge mall (Colorado Mills) and there is every store you can think of in there. And if it's not in the mall it's in on of the stores surrounding it. It was crowded but we lucked out and got a spot close to the door within minutes of pulling in the parking lot. Now that was luck! Tyler and I broke off from the girls and wet to a place called Julllians which is a game and food hangout. It's like Morgan's in the Destin Mall.

Terri and I spent the morning in Barnes and Noble next door reading and flipping through magazines. I forget how much I enjoy going to bookstores.

We got off to a late start since the girls and Tyler had not had much sleep due to test and stuff. We let them all sleep in. After we shopped we all went to Tyler's and made chili and hung out. Tyler has always had trouble with mice since he lives over the top of a garage and lo and behold one decided to run across the floor and over Melissa's (Emily's friend) foot! It was funny. I met Tyler's friend Jay who lives in the 3rd floor of the main house and talked to Tristian for a little bit out in the driveway. They seem to be good guys.

We got back to the hotel about 7 and it seemed like it was a lot later. Tyler and the girls went down the road to Target and I walked across the street to a sports store that just happened to close at 7?! So there was a Wild Oats right next to it and I walked through there looking at all the organic foods. Those places are always so neat to go in but so pricey. The squash looked out of this world at 2.29 a pound. I would pay that for some of Terri's great fried squash.

I woke up at 4:30 and with the snow on the ground it looked as if it were morning so I got up. I stroked out when I realized I was up that early so I went back to bed and woke up again a little after six. Went ahead and got up since I knew I could go downstairs and eat breakfast and let the others sleep.

OK, I just went to News9 website and what do we have out here as a story? "Little Rock man steals flowers from gravesites" For crying out loud?!

We've changed our plans a little and will leave Denver after we drop the girls off at the airport about4. We plan to drive until about 11 or so and stay at Hampton Inn in Salina and then just have a 8 hour drive home tomorrow. We should be home by the time Emmy gets out of school. I just checked the road conditions for Kansas and it looks ok for driving. Will be slower than the 80 miles per hour we drove out here in, that's for sure!

No comments: