Saturday, December 31, 2005

As the sun sets on 2005

The sun is slowly going down and the shadows are getting longer. How do you say goodby to a good year? I guess by saying hello to a better one!

Here's a recap of 2005:
Tyler graduated.
We got a puppy.
I rode around the state of Arkansas on a bicycle.
I rode over 5,300 miles this year.
I lost weight (but gained some back when daylight savings time changed)
I rode in Austin, Tx with Lance Armstrong (well, he was there.)
I moved into a new office.
We got a new fence for the backyard.
We went to Denver.
Terri lost weight.
The Bears won the 5a State championship in Baseball.
I quit me second job on the weekends last April. I miss the money.
Terri and I celebrated our 24th anniversary.
Barbrie and Tim moved in with Mom and Dad to take care of them.
Britney is going to have a baby.
Lindsey and Joe got married.
Jim moved to Austin, Texas (Marbel Falls)
Melissa raised more money than anyone else for the hospital during my bike ride.


I'm sure there are a million other things I can't think of off the top of my head.
Some things I'd like to do in 2006:
I used to make a list of 100-and-whatever the year was list of things to do. Some very simple and some required courage or whatever. I think I'd like to do a list for '06. There will be 106 things on the list. Man, where do I start? Oh, it will probably start with "Brush your teeth." I'm a list maker anyway and one thing I know for sure is that if you have a couple of simple things on your list at least you can mark them off quick and feel you accomplished something.

If you are reading this, I wish you and your friends and family a banner new year.
Love, laugh and live!

No comments: