Thursday, March 09, 2006

An 80 mph tailwind... now that's wicked!

Nah, I didn't really get out and ride as the storm was approching but when I heard that the north county got winds gusting around 80 mph I thought how wicked that would have been to go out and just jump out in it and not even pedal. Of course there would be a curve and the wind would send me straight out into some cow pasture and endo into the cow poop. By the way, the storm came through about 10:30 and I was downstairs conducting interviews and had left my office window cracked open (I love the fresh air!). When the storm hit it sent papers a flying and one of my coworkers had to come in and shut the window. When I got back up here I noticed a few drops of water here and there. Something tells me if Chris wouldn't have shut the window then my office would have been soaking wet.

I didn't ride yesterday due to playing Mr. Mom while Terri was out of town. Emily, Sean, and myself decided we had to have Olive Garden. We always slip out and go eat places when Terri leaves town. Yep, we are perfectly able to cook but why?

I've seen several of my friends that ran the Littel Rock Marathon last Sunday and all are doing well and most have gotten out to run light recovery runs.

Well the storm and it's 80 mph tailwinds have left town and the sky is returning to it's beautiful shade of "after the cold front" blue. Now it's looking like a good day to count down the minutes til after work riding time!

No comments: