Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Counting down the minutes

You have have an event that you just want to count down the minutes? My "event" is not big by any means but it's something that I look forward to. I'm talking about my after work bike ride. Some days you just look forward to getting out there and feeling the fresh air rushing by. There are several trees and flowers already blooming and the smell of spring is really refreshing.

It's funny since I'm sitting here at my desk finishing my lunch and thinking, "Ok Geo, put your head into it and blast through the afternoon wiothout looking up and 5 0'clock will be here before you know it." I'm sure there are things you do the same with. My coworkers and I were talking about funny stuff like this a few weeks ago and it was a diffcult week and I told them that I loved Wednesday mornings because I got to take the trash to the curb. Yep, the lounge got pretty quite after that weird remark. Then I explained to them that on Wednesday mornings when I take the trash down to the curb that means the week is half over and the weekend is getting closer. I'll tell you this, Friday afternoon at 5 o'clock is by far my favorite part of the weekend! Friday at 5 means you have the whole weekend ahead. It's the time when you want to run to your car throwing papers in the air and lauging!

Hey, my neice Shannon did great at the LR Marathon! I got to see her at 2 different places and she was going strong! I saw several other friends and coworkers in the pack as well. I went down to the 20 mile mark and some of these folks were looking pretty rough. I couldn't get half that far even if they told me my hair was on fire. Marathon runners are a very cool breed. Guess what country the winner was from....yep, Kenya! 2 hours, 18 minutes to run 26 miles.

With the weather turning to our favor and the sun being out longer I've gotten in some good after work rides in.

There is a big meeting tonight at the city hall where Alltel Corporate is wanting to open the bike lane to car traffic. This is going to get ugly. There has been way too much money put into the bike/ped path system to open it up to cars. The new bridge will be completed in Oct and if they open the road the bridge will be a bust.

1 comment:

Kin said...

I agree, Friday at 5:00pm is the best! It's like the start of an Easter egg hunt with so many opportunities for having a great time just waiting to happen.

Good luck with the bike lanes!