Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's 3-1 finally!

I always get excited when we finally get to 3-1! That's March 1st. I noticed it this morning when I woke at a few minutes after 6 and it was daylight. I noticed last night when me and the guys were riding that I didn't turn my bike light on until almost 6:30. Take that and add some excellent weather we are having right now (Sunny and 75 degrees) and today should be the first day of spring! Honestly, outside my office there is a row of Bradford Pear trees and they have exploded into white flowers today. I also noticed when I took the trash to the curb this morning that the ants are waking up and letting me know it with there little ant hills down by the street.

Training for the summer ride is going better too. We have a mountian climbing ride this Saturday afternoon. It's going to be tough cookie but I'll be with friends that enjoy the ride as much as keeping the speed up. We are supposed to do Wye Mountain 3 sides. One of the clubs I ride with (the same as Saturday's ride) will be riding what's called Tour de Hills in Harrison on April 8th. I've heard it was 62 miles (a metric entury) of nothing but hills.

The Little Rock Marathon is this weekend and my niece Shannon is running as well as a bunch of friends. I plan to ride my bike down to different spots in the course and hoot and hollar. At one I have to lead the Little Rockers (ages 7-12) for the last mile on my bike. Yep, there are some kids in that age group that can run an under 6 minute mile.

No comments: