Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Saint Patrick's Day (And happy birthday Jim)

Happy Saint Patrick's Day (And happy birthday Jim)

Traditional Irish Blessing and Toast
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

It's my nephew Jim's birthday and it's really easy to remember it since it's on this day. I can still remember the day he was born. I was in the 6th grade and it was cold and rainy. Our school had grown so the sixth grade classes were in portable buildings. My little sister Barbie came and knocked on the classroom door and told me while class was going on. I remember yelling, "It's a boy!". The only other little person I had that made me an uncle was Shannon, so a boy was a big deal. Oh by the way, Jim is the family member that broke all the rules and moved to Texas. Well I should take that back, Jason, the nephew that came a few months after Jim, moved there first.

In case you are wondering I ended up with Shannon, Jason, Jim, Melissa, Brit, Linsey, Matt and then a whole nother herd of them that got in as families changed (divorce/marriage).

Tyler has been busy with Jones Productions and he has already worked on Backyard Burger and Lee's Chicken animations for their TV spots. I got to see the Backyard burger animation and it was really cool looking! Way to go kiddo!

I drove in record time to the hospital even though I didn't leave until 7:28. The school's are out and it's just a nice day and the Hogs are in Dallas in the tournie so no one went to work. I even got a prime parking spot that is never open! Luck 'o the Irish ya say?!

I'm planning to bust out by 4 and take a ride. With 3 days of rain heading this way, I better ride while I can. I can only hope the luck 'o the Irish smiles on me again today and gives me a ride like yesterday! It was just o'dandy!

1 comment:

Jim Gardner said...

George,

Thanks for the history lesson about the day of my birth. I didn't realize my arrival caused such a stir among the elementary school kids! That was neat to know.

Thanks,
Jim