Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh wow...really?

Oh wow...has it really been since March 10th since I blogged? Sorry y'all.

Let's see... a summary... It has rained and flooded and just as the poor folks start to get out of the flood waters guess what? It's been raining most of the day. I plan to have tunes and indoor cycling later today.

Spring break was this week and Terri and Em headed off to Dallas for a girly shopping trip. They asked me to go but they only did it to be nice. They knew I wouldn't go to Dallas on a chick shopping trip. Shop all day long? Not me pal! They got home Tuesday night and boy was I glad! I was bored and lonely. I would never make a good single person. I love my home and down time but I'm sort of like our dog... I need to be near something else that breathes. HA!

And get this, our dog sleeps on Emmys bed and I tried to get her to sleep on our bed while the girls were gone but oh no, she stayed a few minutes then would jump down and go to Em's bed. One night I laughed when she jumped down and she got back up there. My first thought was when I used to have to lay down with the kids when they were little to get them to go to sleep. I think Sayde was doing the same with me. "Ok, I think he's asleep. I'll leave the room now." "Awww, no he's not asleep yet." HA! I used to hang half way off the bed when trying to sneak out when Em was little. Picture one of those movies where the red laser beams are guarding something. I think that was what was on Em's floor. If I dared touch the floor she would scoot closer. HA!

So the girls get home and Wednesday Terri was washing a load of clothes and then next think they know the back of the house is flooded! Something under the washer (gasket or something) broke and all the water came out. We had the carpet pulled up and drying and got lucky that it dried quickly and didn't mold or stink!

We headed down to Benton today to see my nephew who has a church in Fresno, CA preach. He was good. It didn't hit me until we were at my parents that I didn't even get to say howdy. They had a pot luck afterwards so he really had to stay. The rest of the family lucked out and my mom cooked a huge lunch. Oh my gosh! It was soooo good! There is a guy at my parents church who is a Youth pastor I think and he is a riot! His name is Jimmy and my mom calls him "Smiling Jimmy".

Another observation was that we (family) had the back two rows on one side and everyone who came by hugged my mom. I'm not joking...everyone. I could ony smile seeing the love they show her. I got to see several old friends (Hey LaNell!!). It's always funny when I see the number of hits on my blog and I'm always wondering who all these folks are. I would have never guessed long time friend LaNell was one of them. Her and her husband Roy are a hoot! Always keep us cracking up when we lived there. I got to see Brenda and Phil who seriously raised me in my teen years. They were the house where a lot of the youth hung out. I could tell them anything and if it wasn't right, Momma Brenda would let me know about it. Don't get me wrong, my home life was great. There were some great memories flooding back!

CI stuff: I had heard that folks who wear CI's and hearing aids soon come to realize that the hearing aid is more to balance sound out and that before long the hearing aid is just noise and you rely on your CI. That seems to be becoming the case with me. It seems the hearing aid is just noise. I have spazzed out a couple of times when I didn't have my CI extra battery and the CI would go out. It's crazy!

I bought a new book yesterday called Branding Faith. by Phil Cooke It's a book about marketing and church. So far I'm loving it. To my religious readers... It's not branding God but your church. So many folks think Church of Christ are boring. Not ours! We have an awesome pastor, a couple of song leaders that can rock the rafters a couple of pro's in the sound booth and then I use my creative gift on the graphics but even though my slides and videos are plastered up on the screen, I prefer to use say I just help tell the story, not entertain... even though I've come close to the edge. Hey, we have a generation coming in that needs visual to hold their attention. It's here so either you get it or you don't. Most seem to be getting it.

I know this was a long post... I had to catch you up.

Life is good!
Geo.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm church of Christ too...and I agree...not boring here either :)
I'm glad to see an update...it's good to hear from you again! :)

Wes said...

Glad to hear you are weathering this crazy weather :-) You passed up on shopping? I am amazed ;-)

Abbie said...

I was beginning to think you got washed away at one of your cycling races :) I'm glad to see your back on! I'm sorry to hear about the washing machine, I had that happen to me at 2 o'clock in the morning one time. I couldn't hear it but I saw my 8lb dog bolting towards me with this look of "RUN FOR THE HILLS!" :)