Monday, February 20, 2006

All systems go...

I started my "true" training today. Probably the worse day in the world to start but a start nonetheless. I used my lunch time for core training and it was tough. Today was the arms and abs day and I was shaking by the time I got back to the locker room. I didn't start until 2 and had only eaten breakfast around 6 this morning so I'm the blame for that dumb mistake. Tomorrow is legs day which is usually an easier day for me.

Afterwork I came home and hung out with Emily and her boyfriend Sean. Nothing like a dad around to pester them. Emily even made dinner. I had to pass in order to ride on the trainer first which was probably just fine with them since they got to cut up in the kitchen while I spun. The nice part about the spin was that I had recorded the first day of the Tour of Cailfornia. Man what a bunch of big names are there. Yesterday was a time trail that was only 1.9 miles but it was up one of the famous "hills" of San Fransico. I think it was Telegraph Hill but don't quote me on that. Levi with his Specialized bike won! I mention the brand Specialized because that's the same brand is mine! Zoom zoom!

Speaking of the Tour of CA, this afternoon I had gotten my work done to the point of having a couple of priddly things left to do so I Googled San Fransico television stations. Lo and behold, one of them was running t race LIVE ad free! I sat there at my desk for a few minutes and watched the race. Couldn't believe it because no one had said anything about it on the bike boards. It will highligt on ESPN2 tonight at midnight so I'll have something to watch tomorrow. It's a very exciting stage today and there are attacks right and left!!

Tomorrow I might go in early and do my core training then spin class at lunch and be done for the day. It's a good thought that I hope I still have at 5:30 tomorrow morning. HA!

The Olympics have been fun to watch and my favorite, the freestyle skiing is on now.

Later!

No comments: