Monday, February 27, 2006

Did you know your tire is missing?

Has it really been almost a week since my last post? Gee, I thought I was better than that! I would have swore that I was sitting at the desk at home pecking out a blog last week.

Well, it's been a good almost week. The sleet, snow and ice have moved on and this week the weather just improves to a nice 77 degrees by Wednesday. There's a 30% chance of rain by the weekend and I hope not because of the LR Marathon on Sunday morning. I plan to be down there cheering on the bud's of mine that run. Hope it's cool in the morning for them.

Carve training camp was this past weekend. I missed Friday due to working. Missed Saturday due to going to Benton and not getting back in time (but it was worth it! Dad and I had a great time!). Sunday I was in the support car and Shelby was my partner in crime. He's a good guy. My plan was to drive awhile then take my bike off the rack and ride the rest but there were a couple of guys from California with Velo News (bike racing publication) that were riding and I gave up my tube, then my tire, and my gloves. So I didn't get to ride after all. Sort of bummed a little but I keep telling myself it was for a good cause. My new tire and tube at the bike store today at lunch was 45 bucks. Here's some pics from camp... http://clients.aristotle.net/artdept/client/chainwheel/carve/galleries/camp%2Dday3/

I did get out and ride Saturday afternoon for a bit and it felt good. I'm really needing to get with the training plan now. Not later... now! Feb was such a crappy month for training and I heard the weather guy say it has been raining or snowing 8 out of the past 9 weekends.

No comments: