Saturday, September 17, 2005

Bears and Bikes

What a great day! Got up and heading over to Cook's Landing to ride at 7 with some friends and made some new ones. We got in 80 miles in close to 4 hours. Not a bad ride at all. I took my turns at the front pulling the club and we hit some headwind in the process. I tried to stay sitting straight up to block it and give the guys a break and keeping it at 20-21mph but the wind was kicking my tail. I had to drop down on the bars but I still pulled.

One of the guys riding was very knowledgable about cotton and I really learned a lot! I didn't know they sprayed the cotton to de-folage it. The fields are FULL of beautiful plump cotton ready for the picker to come.

The hogs game is on the tube tonight at 9. Yes I know USC is picked for over 31 points but hey our very own Sylvan Hills Bears were supposed to get kicked to kingdom come last night but they held their own until the last 6 minutes of the game. It was a great game! Exciting! One of those "gee, my throat sure is sore" after the game sort of games!

Oh yeah, when we were heading out this morning on our ride a half dozen folks coming from the other direction yelled to me and I yelled back! what a greqat feeling to know so many folks out on a Saturday morning taking time to training and take care of themselves!

No comments: