Friday, September 23, 2005

The weekend (and Hurricane Rita) is upon us

The weekend post here is supposed to be light hearted and fun but I feel for the folks in Texas and now I just got a CNN breaking news release and seems the levee in New Orleans is busting again. My inlaws said the waves were 12 feet at Destin yesterday and close to 20 in the Mobile, AL area. I'm just glad we moved back to Little Rock off the coast, even as beautiful as it is there.

I get to go on a recruiting trip next week to Fayetteville! I'm excited! I plan to stay with Ryan and Melissa one night and in a hotel the other due to the other recruiters coming up. Should be a lot of fun. Yep, the bike is going with me!

Rance and I are heading out for a short 36 miler tomorrow. Just an easy ride since I'll be riding the Arky 100 on Sunday...rain or shine.

Emily got to get checked out of school early today to get to go over to the high school football game in West Memphis. Cristy and her husband are shuttling a group of kids over and they are going to visit Memphis before the game in West Memphis. Yep, Boles and Melissa are going too. Big fun! Terri and I are missing this game and it almost feels wrong.

Tyler made it through another quarter and he will start his LAST quarter in a week! After that he will be finished with college!! He had a great quarter and we are very proud of him.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: