Sunday, May 07, 2006

Early Sunday morning

Up early and taking an easy glide into the morning. It's one of those cloudy Sunday mornings where you don't feel like moving much.

After church I'm planning to meet friends and ride what we call our local "Triple Bypass". We'll ride the club ride starting over in Little Rock on the river and ride along the river and over the bridge to North Little Rock then up Ft Roots then on out to Cook's Landing, regroup, then head back to the LR side and finish with 2 other nice climbs (Overlook Drive and River Mountain Road). Yes, I'll take my camera and get some photos.

There will be another ride about 6:30 this afternoon...maybe. It's Senior night at church so most will be there for the dinner afterwards. So come to think of it, there might not be a ride. Not sure if I would go if I do Triple Bypass.

I watched Seabiscuit last night. I didn't read the book and missed it on the big screen and wished I hadn't. Great movie!

I'm really starting to get excited about next weekend! Joe Martin Stage Races in Fayetteville! I will volunteer again this year and Vince gave me a NICE responsibility. I get to work with the pro's mechanics as their assistant. I've been getting more and more into the mechanics of cycling after getting to be support during the Carve camp back in the spring. So getting to work with pro mechanics is going to be a great learning experience. I love being a part of the races and as much as I'd like to race, I'm not up to their caliber so support is the next best thing. You are right there in the middle of it all. I'll be up close with the likes of HealthNet, Toyota-United, Kodak S-N, Tulsa Wheelmen, Tyson, Carve and many more. One thing that's really nice about bike racing events is that you can generally walk up and have a photo op or just shake hands and tell 'em good luck. There are the Lance Armstrong's you can't get within miles of but even those are far and few in between. The sponsors want their guys out there being in photos displaying their branding names. More on this later.

No comments: