Saturday, May 20, 2006

Where did that come from?

With Terri out of town and the kids bored we went over to Cold Stone and had ice cream for Friday night out. I got a peanut butter and fudge shake that was out of this world! We were going to see the Da Vinci Code but it was sold out until the 10:30 show. No thanks. then this morning the early news has all these folks slamming it. I think I'll wait for the video.

This morning I woke and knew I was going to ride. Flipped on the tube and Weather Channel is showing 72 degrees at 6:30 a.m.. Perfect riding weather. I left the house a tad after 7 and rode North Hills to the river and dodged a couple of road blocks for a charity 5K. Enjoyed a fast pace down the river and stopped for a moment at Cook's Landing. Lots of folks out enjoying the beautiful morning. Left Cook's to head back to the house and there had been a group coming toward me as I was coming towards Cook's, now it looks like they are getting back on the road after a flat or mechanical. I asked if all was ok. Got the OK and somehow ended up in the middle of the group since there was a break. I noticed that several guys had the Chainwheel jersey's on so I figured it was Bruce's Coffee Ride extended version. We started for the hill just before the Burn's Park golf course and several stood up to climb the hill. I did to and suddenly I danced the pedals and eat the hill. A beautifully excuted attack! I keep it going and turned on Championship Lane and keep the pace up until I was out of sight. The guys didn't turn on the lane but I suspect they were watching. I started thinking it was a dumb thing to do because of the energy used and the distance from home. I don't know what it came from but I keep it going all the way home. This never happens to me. I was wishing Robb, Patrick and Chris had been there becuase it was just one of those moments! I'm not bragging, it was just fun!

No comments: