Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Bike to Work day!!!

ACH riders in the Bike to Work ride.

Riders coming over the Broadway Bridge from North Little Rock into Little Rock. This is a very heavy traffic road during rush and police blocked a lane for us.


My pal Ron Rizzardi riding with the trailer.

Ready to start the Bike to Work ride from Burn's Park


Listening to route directions


Keith (L) and I at the River Market when the ride ended.

Team ACH Riders

Today was National Bike to Work Day. This was the event a couple of years ago that prompt me to start bicycle commuting to work. I admit I haven't done well with it at all this year but then I usually started getting serious about it after this event. Terri is out of town on business so I didn't feel good about not having a car so I drove over to the hospital and rode back over the bridge to the NLR start point then after it was over rode with the gang back to the hospital. It's nice to have a big company owned fitness center and have locker room facilities for times like this.

Before every event ride I don't sleep well. I'm always afraid I'm going to over sleep. Last night even though Emmy said she'd set her alarm and wake me up, I still tossed and turned. I woke at 1:22 then at 4:26 and then off and on till 5.

It was a fun ride and I hope I start commuting again. Those morning rides just do something for me.


No comments: