Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's nice to skip Monday!

All day long I thought it was Monday. Monday holidays do that to me. The day was good at the office and I slashed through it reminding myself that I get to ride after work. With Emily driving now and me not wanting to buy a new car (call me cheap, I don't care!) Terri and I are going to car pool. Hope it works out because it would certainly allow us to save a chunk of cash.

I made it over to Burn's Park and got the bike all ready. It was just a few minutes before 6 so I really didn't think I'd make it to the start point but I did with time to spare. We were going to do the over and back meaning we'll knock out 32 miles going over to Little Rock and back. We were keeping a steady 20 mph pace and slowing a lot around walkers and such. Only a couple of folks spinted the road between the skate park and rehab center. We rode over the Broadway bridge and the group was looking good. Brent was back out there with us. He's a strong rider but has been having some muscle weridness lately but I think he figured out what it was. Funny thing is that he is a doctor and sent out this email with an article explaining his pain. The article was over our heads for the most part. But it was good to have him back out there. We flew down the LR side looking good and I felt Overlook calling me so I broke off and climbed. Either they stayed at the turn around point longer tonight or I got up the hill faster because I spotted them further back then last time. The ride bak was fun. Nice little sprint across the Broadway bridge. I pulled an attack and got eaten alive right off the bat. Then as we were approaching the skatepark again the line sort of relaxed a moment then picked up and I'll be darned, I couldn't edge back into the paceline. No man, not the back again. Ugh! I sat on the back like lard butt for the rest of the ride and dropped off to slow and spin it out just before I got to the car. I was already in the car, left the parking lot and about to turn onto Championship drive before I saw the other half of the group. Someone must have had a flat because there is no way I'd be that far ahead of them.

The group was thinner than normal. Chris and Jenn Shaw were missing, Parick was racing in Carve crits, Chris Irons and Rebecca was resting up for the big NW Ark Challenge. Robb was missing and so was Wayne. We still has 12. Not bad at all.

Terri leaves for Fayetteville tomorrow so I'll be Mr Mom again. Talk about endurance training! HA!

Lots of talk about the HH100 jersey. I'll talk to Chris when he returns from the challenge and see what I can do to help. We have to move fast in order to get it by time for HH100.

No comments: