Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fast week

Sitting here waiting for Terri to get off from work. I'm off Friday and Monday and can't wait. I'm supposed to start working in the kitchen and ripping out the floor and putting in our new tile. I've seen so many different ways to do it that we can't decide which way would look best. There's the normal laying the tile, then there is the angled way, then there are the ones that are different sizes, then I saw some that were staggered like bricks. I'm going to borrow a saw from a friend so I don't have to buy one of those.

Also we are getting the carpet cleaned then we are having the speed bumps stretched out. I was really glad to hear the carpet stretcher guy tell Terri that after we get it restretched we'll never have to worry about it again. Why didn't they tell me this 5 years ago when we bought the carpet?

I've got to get those pansies planted too.

By the way, I found out that one of our guys is in Iraq now. You've heard me talk about Rob Carr. He was one of the guys I had the honor of riding with when John Van Pay did the fearless ride across the state in a day last October. Rob is on of those guys that is really easy to get to know. You know, one of those "knows no strangers" sort of guy. He'll be back home this spring.

It's sort of weird because Paul, who rode is moving to Atlanta, Rob is over in Iraq. I guess that just drives home the point that life goes on.

More later...

No comments: