Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's gonna change, and we're gonna whine!

It' gonna change and we're gonna whine! The weather that is. After an awesome spring like Thanksgiving the forcast calls for winter to arrive this week with highs in the low 40's and low's in the 20. Bummer. I was getting used to this! We've had the windows cracked letting in a little fresh air each day.

I got to ride a lot on Saturday and got a couple hours in this afternoon. I wore just shorts and a jersey. Isn't global warming a wonderful thing sometimes? The BDB was only packed at the top and it was real packed because a barge was about to comethrough the lock and dam. Sort of the same draw as kids and bulldozers.

I pushed real this afternoon. Real hard. I needed to sweat and I needed sore muscles at the end. I needed to burn those chocolate no-bake cookies my daughter made and I have been sneaking every now and then. I love those cookies and I was telling myself they are good for me because they have peanut butter and oatmeal which I need for riding engery. The choclate was just an added bonus. Anway, I think this could have been one of my fastest rides of he year. Of course poking through the crowd on the bridge slowed me down going over but coming back to the north side I hammered it up the ramp. I had tunes blasting (Fred Bear by Ted Nugent) so I was moving. I took it easy at the top due to the barge still coming through then there was a wide open spot so I opened it up. I came off the ramp at 25 mph and a few moments later I saw 30. Of course that didn't last but seconds! HA! I don't know, I just hit my groove today and it was feelin' alright!

I also hit a good gear combination today while working on Ft Roots climbs. I'm not sure why but it just clicked and I was climbing comfortably at 10mph. Then some dip stick stole my thinder by passing me like I was sitting still. I jumped to the attack but couldn't catch the guy. No idea who he was but he was really a mountain goat!

Some of my buds went to train on Mt Nebo today. Or as it's know to some "Mt. Knee-blow". Sounds like a great ride with homemade pizza at the end.

I am supposed to go to Mt Magazine on Thursday for Terri's board meeting and I was going to train on the mountain but with the temps being low 40's here, something tells me to highest point in the state will be too cold! I might be staying home and working on the kitchen.

Hope you all have had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: