Saturday, December 09, 2006

It took 2 times...

Plan: Wake up, shower, out the door for early Christmas shopping before crowds. Mental note, JC Penny is having another weekened door buster sale. HA! Every weekend is the biggest sale of the year, they say! I think it's a hoot!


Stop #1: WalMart Supercenter to pick up gifts for family my office is sponsoring. Got what was on the list for me to get. Mission accomplished. Noticed lots of folks talking on cell phones... at 7 in the morning? Wonder how many folks were woke up by family members calling to see if Uncle John would like the blue or the black whatever? HA!

Stop#2: The mall... I don't like the mall anymore. I'm a caveman style shopper. I go, sight the goods, bag it and drag it home. Penny's is having the sale no doubt. HA! Now this is funny! Here I am walking through the only 2 stores in the whole mall open. Penny and Sears. The only people in the stores are middle aged guys. I laugh to myself. Are we that bad? None of us have bags.
Stop #3: Starbucks --- ok this stop was worth it! I feel my blood starting to move again.
Back at the house I walk in and no happy dog to greet me?! Wha?! Sadie??? The bathroom door is closed and Em is showering. Thank goodness, I was worried! I talk Em int going back out with me to really shop. I wait an hour for her to get ready. Teen girls... gotta love 'em. We head back to the mall and knock out the whole list! Em knows what everyone wants so it's a simple mission.
We hit all the stores and back home in about and hour and a half. Maybe closer to 2 hours.
Plan #2: Put up the Christmas village before I get grounded! Done!
Plan #3: Clean up leaves... again. Mostly done.
It's been a nice Saturday. Tomorrow we go to a friends house for a Christmas party. The food is all Itilian and homemade! We are making stuff I can't even pronounce.

1 comment:

Brenda Sue said...

My Bicycle Tour In VermontSeveral years ago, a friend took me on a bicycle tour in the Sonoma Valley. Ever since that trip, I have been hooked on the idea of active vacationing. I save money every year specifically earmarked for a bicycle tour.Last year, I chose to do my yearly excursion to Vermont. I found a company that specialized in bicycle tours of the villages in Southeast Vermont. I am so glad that I chose this trip. I think that it exceeded my every expectation and was quite possibly the best cycling experience that Ive ever had.Bicycle tours are really great only if the support team is helpful and courteous. The scenery will fade away if the breakfast is bad or the beds are lumpy. It is a lot of work to cycle around to see sights instead of driving around to see them in a rental car. After this bicycle tour, I will recommend the company that ran it to anyone.I think that Vermont may be the prettiest state Ive ever visited. While I was on my bicycle tour, I saw so many lovely villages. There were white churches and picket fences. I saw a brick federalist mansion that took my breath away. I stopped to shop at several craft shops and even a general store.I somehow felt connected to a past I wasnt a part of. There were people sitting on their front porches waving as our bicycle tour pedaled by. I was most surprised by the excellent accommodations that we were provided. We stayed two nights at the Kedron Valley Inn. That inn is 168 years old and has been selected by travel writers as one of the top ten inns in America.The next inn that we stayed at was considerably newer and had a few more amenities than the Kedron Valley Inn. I enjoyed the proprietors so much. They sat on the porch with us after sundown and told stories about various people that had stayed there over the years. I think I could have listened to them for hours, but I was tired from the days riding on the bicycle tour and turned in early.To learn more about everything bicycles vist my site at: BrensMartUSA Bicycles Have a geat day and stay healthy!Brenda Sue