Monday, December 04, 2006

weekend wrap up

It was a fun weekend. I got all the lights up outside, got a ride in, etc etc.

Friday night Terri and I went to Shorty Smalls for our Friday night date. It was good. Nice bowl of hot spicy cheese dip that was almost as good as my sister Sherry makes. no one touches her cheese dip. Yes it's a long family recipe and no I won't post it on here. Actually, I don't even know what she does to it. Probably dumps left over expresso grounds in it. A really funny thing happened at Shorty's. I ordered a beer with my dinner. I don't drink very much at all but for some reason it just seemed to go. Well I got carded!! I kid you not! Terri was laughing and I sort of gave the girl that "puppy doesn't understand" look. Am I hearing you right? Mister winked around the eyes, salt and paper hair guy is getting carded??? Tell me that girl didn't want a big tip?!

The other thing that happened that was funny was that Terri has a aunt that is well, different. She's also the aunt that was a subsitute teacher one day and acted a fool in front of Emily. Anyway we were sitting there and we heard all this hooting and yelling from the wait staff about someone having a 50th anniversary and it was them. We sort of keep our head down and sine they were in another room in the place we were safe. We laughed like two little kids.

Saturday I put up the Christmas lights and I had a couple of strands that needed a few light replace. No big deal. Rewind... oh yes it was a big deal! I needed to replace lights in 3 different strands. Guess what, they were 3 different light sizes. The little plug in parts were different on ALL three. I was having a real Chevy Chase Chrstmas Vacation moment out in my front yard. i finally got it all done just in time to go to the Christmas parade.

Terri and I went down to her office and got us a spot and fixed our chairs and got settled in. The parade was good and the weather was perfect for the parade. Freezing cold! Hey, it's a Christmas parade. It's supposed to be cold. Several of the club rode with BACA. They looked great with their Christmas garb on.

After the parade we had about 30 minutes before the fireworks at the state capitol so we ducked into Terri's building and had hot chocolate. I felt like a VIP.

Sunday found us at church that morning for one of the saddest services I've been to. One of the guys that had been with the church for years and years passed away after a long fight with cancer. I don't think I saw a single lady that didn't have a tissue in hand. Many of the guys did as well. Then came the event that pushed everyone over the edge. An annoucement. Last week one of the coaches at CAC was DX'd with cancer. This is a young, what seemed to be healthy man. Saturday he had a massive stroke only one week after Dx'd. As the services were coming to a close one of the men got up and let everyone know that Andrew Brady (Coach Brady) was brain dead and they unhooked the machines. He soon passed. Most of the kids at our church go to CAC. Very sad for all of them.

I had a quick lunch and headed out on my bike. Met up with John and Diane and we then rode to meet the group. We all came together on top of Ft Roots then rode more. We climbed a coupe of new hills and one was a killer. I think I heard someone say 24% grade. Whoa baby! This was the first ride I've seen people get off their bikes and walk up the hill. Yes, it was that steep. Short but steep. I actually managed to stay on my bike and pedal to the top. We actually were on the other side of Ft Roots so we went back down the normal side.

I spotted Tyler at the skate park. Then I saw Shalyn and Zero (my grandson dog). With my helmet and sunglasses on, he wasn't too sure about who I was. But once he did I got the lick to the face.

No comments: