Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 -- day 2

Back to work it was today and it was still for the most part quite. Had a person that I recruited that called early this morning before anyone got to their offices and left a message with her new boss that "something came up" and she wouldn't be in. She was due to start this morning. It chaps my hide when applicants do that. Oh well, we'll have someone in place over in that clinic in a couple of weeks and this person will probably be even better!

I worked out at home tonight for about an hour. It felt good. I used the weights and the tension bands. I really like those because you can lay in the floor watching tv and work out. Sad huh? Well, I was really working out to the point of shaking like a leaf.

The real plan was to take the bike down the street to a huge parking lot and ride laps but when I got home I started looking for the reflective riding vest I wore when I would commute by bike to the office. I have one of those big clear plastic buckets out in the garage that I keep touring bike stuff in. Nope, not in there. So there is another big bucket with other bike stuff in it so I start going through it. Hummm, memory lane here we come! I found numbers from all my event rides, goodie bags that I'd just thrown in there, a great first aid packet I had put together, and ah ha... the vest! "Honey, dinners ready." Thought to myself, "Ok, eat and get out there and ride." I go back to the bedroom after eating and lo and behold look at the pile of stuff I've got all over the bedroom. Ok, so I'll be stuck home tonight cleaning the mess up.

On the bright side of it, it did give me a chance sort of scope out what goods I had and what I needed to get all geared up for the coming year. I found a sheet of reflective stickers that were the same color as my helmet so I cut them in strips and put them all over it for early morning and night riding. It was funny because I wanted to see if it reflected all sides and I was standing in the bathroom with a flash light moving it around to see how much reflect I would see. Sadie (our dog) just sort of stood there looking like, "Dad, why are you playing with a flash light in the bathroom?"

Take care y'all!

1 comment:

Wes said...

Sounds to me like life was conspiring against you for the parking lot ride. I need to start working on my upper body too. I sent myself the URL with all the exercises for the Total Gym I have so I can map out an exercise plan. Now, I just need to find a place to set it up with a TV :-)