Tuesday, January 16, 2007

But I was riding...

Just keep reading and you'll understand why this photo of Wye Mountian is here. By the way, it's just a few more weeks and the mountain will look like this once again!

I know I said I would write some more but I was riding on the new rig!

There are 8 programs and 16 settings. I rode the 20 minute program which is one of the first listed. It is flat then an incline. On the screen it looks big but not really. I kept getting the "down" arrow telling me to slow down! Oh my gosh! I love this bike! No one ever tells me to slow down! I never did slow down.

I finished that 20 minute program and was feeling like I was just warming up so I clicked through a few other programs and found a 30 minute course that kicks in on a climb real quick and the climb is real. For those in the central Ark area... it was Wye Mountain real. Yeah baby, I was having to stand and push hard to get that pedal to go around. Shirt was soaked and Sadie was giving me that dog is smarter than owner look while laying on the floor watching me. I didn't think the last 8 minutes of the course would ever run out and the thing was telling me to keep the target speed at 10mph?!!! Man, Patrick can't even ride up Wye at 10 mph and that guy is a nuts-o on the bike. So who is Reebok telling me to climb at 10? I kept getting the up arrow now and I finally told myself, "Ok Geo, take it to the top and if you pass out trying at least you are at home and it would only be about 30 minutes before wife came to the back and found your dead body in the floor (one foot still strapped to the bike of course!)". So I pushed and pushed and pushed and made it. Ok it was a private "Rocky" moment... it's sort of like that dance like nobody's watching moment. A few gulps of water and some stretching then I walked through the house. Terri was in the den and just looked at me like "boy, oh no you don't!" Like I was going to drip on the kitchen floor or something. Ok funny story time: When I was on the climb and stood up I didn't realize that the ceiling fan would cut my head off. Y'all know the rest of the story.... HA!!!

1 comment:

Wes said...

Nice ride, Geo! You don't run into tree limbs too, do ya? ;-) That's really cool that the bike can simulate a hill climb. That's keep those muscles fit thru the winter. Have a good one...