Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Blind Elvis the Barber, 500 miles and other ramblings

Sorry friends but I took a break from the computer over the weekend so just now up dating.

My mom and sister had surgery and both are doing fine.

Funny stories from being around my family yesterday. I think the drugs had worn off but after you read this, I'm not really sure!

Sherry was telling me about my brother in law has been using the same barber for years. I remembered the barber shop in a guys house from when I was a kid but didn't realize he was still cutting hair. Sherry said he was blind!!!! A blind barber?!!! And he wears his hair dyed jet black and cut like Elvis!! The she told us that he massaged my brother in laws shoulders. I laughed and told he it might look that way but he was probably trying to find the start of the hair line! The it got wilder because I starting thinking about this.... Maybe he was really cutting one of those Elvis lightening bolts with the TLC on my brother in laws back hair! We all laughed so hard there were tears!

Then my dad was asking me if I ever knew he was the 4th grade spelling champion. I didn't know that!!! He was telling me that it was boys vs. girls and the girl had to spell "foot" and she did. Then it was dad's turn and he was supposed to spell "put" but he got messed up and put the "P" in the word "foot" so he spelled "Put" like "Poot"!!!!!! Once again the laughter train got going!!

Then he told me about a lady that was going to commit suicide and she was told if she stuck the gun to her breast and pulled the trigger it would kill her but she was an older lady and she ended up shooting her foot!! (saggy boob).

The whole day was like that plus throw in the fact the me and dad both are hard of hearing so I would think he said one thing and he said something different. Like asking me if I had cable...no a table...now what did you ask me? It would have made a good TV show!

I rode to work this morning! It was dark so I had to use lights for the first time since spring. It was a great ride and I walked in to the Fitness Center and Rance started laughing. Caught him off guard!

I've got so many 100 mile rides between now and November 1st. Oh man!
Sept 25 - Joe Weber Arky 100
Oct 1 - Tour de Cure
Oct 8 - Ride the Ridge (Jonesboro)
Oct 15 - Ride for a Better Life Center fundraiser (Jonesboro)
Oct 23 - Ride for the Roses (Lance Armstrong, Austin Texas)

Ok, let's talk about my nephew Jim... Sherry's son as well as the son of the brother in law that gets his hair cut by blind Elvis... Ok, so Jim moves to Tx and starts this Longhorn mess! Now starts "mentioning facts" about Houston Nutt and pressure. Keep it up Jim ... just keep it up. I told him to be careful they next time he gets to the Arkansas border. This is really all in good fun, unless you ask Ryan and Melissa(his sister who lives in NW Arkansas -- Hawg Country!)

Sylvan Hills football... oh man, they got whipped so bad last Friday night. Not like the Bears we know and love. Come on Bears, let's roll!!!

No comments: