Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras - Fat Tuesday

It's Mardi Gras day! Fat Tuesday! The kids were having a ACH Mardi Gras parade today and even threw beads at us! What a hoot! I'm proud of how the staff get together to make hospital stays as fun as they can be.

Even though I'm not Catholic, one of my coworkers that used to work across the hall from me taught me a lot about lent. I think it's a good think to give up something for 40 days. So until Easter I vow to give up something that will be very hard. My coworker said that it is to be a personal thing and not something you broadcast.

I took yesterday off the bike as a recovery day from Sunday's ride. My quads were shot after that ride.

I got home from the hospital and jumped on the bike for a fast and hard ride through the neighborhood. Coach told me to work on speed and less hills but I have nothing but hills around here and I wanted to get some time in before the sun went down. I pushed as hard as I could and got home to find an average of 18.2mph!! WooHoo!

Great ride today! Warm temps and longer daylight! Yep, it's all good!

1 comment:

Wes said...

That parade has to be something to see. I grew up in Mobile, where Mardi Gras got started. It was a blast before it became to crowded and a bit dangerous. Too bad. Nice ride. 18.2 rocks. You may need to coach me :-)