Sunday, August 06, 2006

A day without riding...

Since I put my bike in the shop for a tune up and wheel truing then I was bikless for the first time in a long time. We went to early church and it's fun to get out by 10 and have the whole day open. We were having small group from church over at our house tonight so what that means is that the 3 of use had to do a bunch of "company's comin'" type house work. I already knew I would be working around the house so Emily and I put this heavy traffic carpet cleaner on the sat in the floor and laughed and cut up while we scrubbed the carpet like slaves. It really looks good. Got the vaccumming done then I told Terri I would be outside for the next couple of hours. Front yard mowed...check. Back yard dog toys picked up...check. Mowed...check. Cleaned garage floor..check. Washed Explorer and Honda...check. Spray off sidewalk...check. Terri said I was like the engerizer bunny today. I felt really good and I think it might have something to do with taking a break from the bike. I used to spend the whole weekend working around the house and yard back in the days before bike riding. Sometimes it seems that the riding has taking over. I think I'm probably going to cut back after we return from Wichita Falls HH100 ride. I'm thinking I may have burn out. I've been riding serious for 2 years and all together it's been 3 years since I started riding. I'm not saying it's not fun by no means. I'm saying I just think I might pull back a bit. I go out with these guys that are in their late 20's and 30's and try to hang with them the whole time and end up dropping like a rock. Oh well, chicks dig it when we all ride by. HA!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Hey man, it's Brandon Siegel. I was just on checking out some local road biking groups and came accross your Blog. I have been getting ready for the "Big Dam Bridge 100". It has been good to get back out and ride. I got a new road bike. It has taken some getting used to the road over the mountain bike. But I do like it. We need to get together and ride some time. Take Care.

Brandon

Geo said...

Hey Brandon! Heard you found the club I ride with! FGSG is an awesome group. Hope to see you out there.
Geo.