Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday 8/13/06

Fancy title huh? I couldn't really think of anything to call it.

We went to early service this morning and it was empty. I bet we don't have the double services again next summer. It started really popular but as the summer has worn on there has been a switch to most going to the later services which is really our regular services. I really like our new pastor, Greg. He has really brought in some good changes in the 5 months he's been here. I seem to enjoy going to church more now.

I woke this morning to find soreness in my calves. Strange. Where did that come from? I'm wondering if the seat on my bike might need adjusting or if it was just me trying to keep the club pace while riding solo yesterday. Who knows. It was gone by the time I left for church.

Several of the club was to head out this morning around 8 and ride the same ride I did yesterday. I thought of them as we got at of church at 10 and there was not a cloud in the sky. I'm hoping they had plenty of water and found quik stop stores once they got to England. Sometimes small towns still close up on Sundays. Remember when EVERYTHING used to be closed on Sunday. What did we d back then? Oh yeah, Mom sent me to the neighbors to borrow a stick of butter or a cup of sugar.

After we got home from church Terri made brunch and it was good! I then helped her get the house ready for company since we are hosting small group at our house this month. Then I headed out to mow the lawn and boy was it hot! My t-shirt was ring it out wet. 3 bottles of water and glass of lemonaid consumed too. The funny thing is... it's only 1:06 in the afternoon. If I hadn't sweated so much I might would have gone down to the river and ride and see if the cub comes in from England. Hopefully they finished about an hour ago. If they are still out there riding through the farmland with few trees well it's certainly the training you need for the HH100 ride coming up.

I plan to ride the river after small group tonight so maybe I'll take my camera and shoot a few shots while out there.

More later...

No comments: