Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Emmy minus 4 teeth

Emmy got her wisdom teeth out yesterday and did great. No swelling but had a little pain. She slept most of yesterday and most of the morning today. The rest of the day was spent on the couch sleeping off and on. She seems to be coming to life tonight as her and Terri "had" to get out of he house and go to Sonic for a diet coke. Sorry, she said no photos allowed. Nothing to see anyway since there was no swelling.

I worked from the house today and that was sort of nice. I kept wanting to go outside and do Saturday stuff but figured I best stick close. I watched 7th Heaven and Gimlmore Girls with her and was about ready to pull my teeth. All I needed was some herbal tea and small cookies. Right Mrs. Doubtfire?

Our club jersey is just about ready to wrap up. Since the club is called Fast Girls Slow Guys the jersey will be screaming pink with these cool flames that go from black to bright blue. The proofs are cool looking. Trust me, they'll stand out! HA!

I sent a thank you note to the Church of Christ in Wichita Falls, Texas thanking them ahead of time for opening their doors to allow cyclist to camp indoors as an alternative lodging option when 12,000 cyclist arrive their in a couple of weeks. What a great why to show you care by opening your church for a bike event. If their was ever anything like that in Sherwood I would beg our guys to open our church. That's just an act of kindness... pure and simple.

Speaking of church. I read on my nephew Jim's blog that he leaves for a speaking engagement the day his family arrives in Fresno. He has been out there for a couple of weeks and Mandy and the girls have been in Marble Falls, Tx getting ready to move out to CA. They are like a little ant farm huh?

Feels sort of weird not being out on the club ride tonight but the bike is still in the shop. I mentioned that i was going to ride with some other guys this Saturday to sort of mix it up. Charlie and Tom are leading a pre-HH100 ride this Saturday from Cook's to England and back for a flat 75 miles. I love that ride. I've riden with Charlie and Tom before and they are a hoot to ride with. When I put it out on our club board that I was looking at riding this ride one of the Fast Girls Jo reminded me that that was when we first met last year. I remembered then also remembered what a good rider she was and still is. I'm hoping that riding a tad bit slower will improve my riding attitude.

I'm looking forward to the road trip to HH100 and then BDB100 on Oct 1st. Good rides ahead!

No comments: