Friday, August 11, 2006

TGIF several times over!

Ok, where to begin...

It's been a fast week but man I’m glad it's Friday! Let's see, where to start... We had a storm at the house while the hospital had sunny skies. The power was out for about 4 hours. But Terri and Emmy went to US Pizza to eat with her folks and I had picked up my bike and was going to go ride but a big dark cloud came over the house and I decided against it. I went about a mile from where the ride was to start and hung out at American Pie Pizza with the Arkansas Bicycle Club.

My club was like I said just a mile or two away and experiencing the biggest show of riders to date. Over 40 riders. Holy Shimano Batman! And it was the most muggy, hot, bug sucking blood out of your body if you stopped afternoon if there was one. Chris said they added 5 new members to the email list this morning. What's going to be funny is that when the members don't use the digest version in the email settings they will suddenly become flooded with emails if something is going on in the club... and trust me, something is always going on in the club. That's not meant in a bad way at all. We are just a social bunch. By the way, I won a cool Giant bike cap at the ABC meeting last night for knowing the date of the BDB100.

Hey the jersey is done and being made! WooHoo! It's very cool looking and I got an email from them at 11 last night saying... now are you sure? Any more changes? I wanted to send them over the edge and say, yep, change the colors to brown and gray. Our jersey is really awesome with hot pink as the base color but most of it is dark gray, almost black and grads to a bright blue inside the flames. No it doesn't look like a total chick jersey but it be warned it does have hot pink. We should have them the week before the MS150 so everyone can wear and wash before the ride.

Speaking of the MS150. Now these guys have got the idea right! I signed up on line last week to ride with FGSG group and I get an email from the website. Then yesterday when I got home, I had a small package in the mail. OH COOOL!!!! MS150 socks and a newsletter about training and stuff. Now this is a very smart move on the MS150 coordinators part. All the riders singed up will be out sporting the MS150 socks BEFORE the event. Rolling billboard-ettes. Seriously, think about it, how many events would get even more folks if they would but promo stuff in the hands of riders, runners, etc. BEFORE an event? I know Hotter'n'Hell brings in 12,000 riders to Wichita Falls Tx but think of how many guys and gals would have their HH100 2006 t-shirts on while traveling to the event or out at the local Home Depot or something. I hope Cranford (advertising agency) and the Big Dam Bridge event staff do something like this.

Ok, so I've been off the bike right? It was in the shop plus I've had something to do around the house but you know what's been nice? Folks saying, "Hey man, where are you? Come out and ride with us. We miss you." It's just nice... I feel the love! HA! I've seen a couple of times on the club emails that JBar who has taken a few days off the bike as well has been missed too. I think the club is just weaseling out and want JBar back up there to pull 'em. HA!

There was some discussion about some of our club memebers have actually crashed their bikes into garages. Some bike racks are on top of cars and you forget they're up there and ooops! Honestly, I always thought this was just a cartoon. I didn't know it really happened.

For Saturday I'm looking at heading out on a 75 mile ride and actually it could be even longer if Terri needs the car in the morning since I would have to ride to the ride and ride home from the ride. I've had it the past several weekend mornings and her mom's in town so they may have shopping on the brain... or looking at houses. Anyway, it starts at Cook's Landing and goes to England and back. I love this ride! It's country roads, little traffic and just enjoyable for me. The pace out will be slower than FGSG ride but usually with when Charlie is leading a ride he will cut the front loose and say see ya at the cars as the group gets about 30 miles from being back. I enjoy riding with Charlie, he's a great guy with a sense of humor. He just can't help it that he's a politician. We all have our faults ya know!

Sunday is looking like the usual down by the river ride. I thought about riding in the evening after small group leaves our house about 6-ish. I don't know, I'll just play it by ear. FGSG is riding a big ride and as much as it sounds fun, it just doesn't work for me on Sunday mornings.

Well lunch is over, my slice of pizza has been eaten, my water drank.... y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: