Thursday, April 26, 2007

R.E.L.E.A.S.E.D. TO R.I.D.E


Released to ride again!! Yep, that’s what they told me!

I went to the ENT clinic over at UAMS where Brenda removed the packing from my post-op ear. I saw the first of it coming out and closed my eyes because it was nasty! I talked myself into releasing the tension in my shoulders and relax my hands and breathe. A few seconds later I was cheering her on saying stuff like, “Ohh, that was a big piece.” The cool thing about Dr. Dornhoffer’s clinic is you get to watch a TV monitor of what they are doing. I could see down into my ear. It’s the coolest thing! I wish I could have had a tape of it. By the way, if you want to know more about the Otolaryngology clinic over at UAMS click here…www.otolaryngology.uams.edu/otology/team.asp

The visit went super easy and fast and I was about to leave and was asked not to put my hearing aid back in for a couple of weeks. Bummer, we’re going with the 3 week plan huh? But then I was given the best news… “Geo, go can train again!” Stop, turn and look, smile really big!!! I got the thumbs up to return to training?! Yea-izzzz!!!! I felt the spring in my step return at the moment and I felt like I grew a couple of inches!

First thing I did was emailed Mark (coach) to let him know I got the “Get out of Jail free” card. He said the timing of everything is just right. Man, I was glad to hear that!

I am counting down the seconds until 5 o’clock comes around so I can bound out the back door and down the steps, jump in the car and get home. I have been mentally getting my gear together all afternoon. Don’t forget water. Don’t forget sunglasses. Grab ya a gel or two. WooHoo! Oh, air those bad boy tires up. Oh man, you still haven’t put the computer on your new bike. Yeah, I know. It does me good sometimes to just ride. That’s the plan today anyway, just get out and enjoy a ride.

Oh yeah baby… life to goooood!

1 comment:

Wes said...

Oh yea-izzz :-) Great news, just be careful out there!!