Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Aww man... a BAD CI moment!

It was a bad CI moment but it wasn't anyone's fault but my own.

I head out to meet the guys and see if I could at least keep up. My warm up ride to the ride was rocking along at 20mph. I felt good and strong.

Got to the ride start point and talked to Yale and Rebecca for a few then over to see how skinny Chris (Ironman) has gotten over th past few weeks. 17 lbs off! Awesome. JMar came up and I was thinking man this guy has dropped a few too. Come to find out he has dropped 25lbs.

We grouped all up and started out and we rolled nice along the way then finally hit the road and the pace picked up. I was in the back but was holding steady with them. We climbed a short hill and I was still there. Then I felt it... on no... come on CI stay in place. The on and off connection can make a CI user go insane. It's like a transmitter buzzing in and out. I reached up and the thing was hanging on my helmet strap. I had to pull out and fix it. Finally got it half good and thought maybe just maybe I can catch the job if some had slowed up a tad. As I was riding along a long lost stranger named Keith Hill came buzzing by and I jumped on his back wheel and we cranked it out at 23mph for a while. Then it happened again. OK, I'm ticked now!

There is a small piece of CI tape that wasn't sticking tonight and because of that I had to abandon. It's really funny how a very small piece of tape can change a man's whole attitude from rider to whinny little pig! HA! I just didn't as much tape these time and I paid for it.

But all in all it was a GREAT ride with the gang. I think there were 35 of us at the start. I got to see lots of friends I've not seen in awhile as well as a lot of people I've never seen before. When you can keep up with those kids, even in the back, then you know you are riding stronger! It was just what I needed!

Oh yeah, before I forget... very very happy anniversary wishes to Chris and Rebecca Irons! I cracked up when Chris said he was going home and having a nutri-shake by candle light tonight. That's the spirit!

Life is good... especially when friends celebrate anniversaries!

3 comments:

Wes said...

We'll chalk that one up to a learning experience! Nice riding, Geo!!

Iron Maiden said...

Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes! We love you, Geo!

elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!