Saturday, July 15, 2006

Home from vacation... and a good time was had by all!




I told Em we would hit up Panera this morning for breakfast so come 6:30 she is up and in the shower?! I wasn't even up. Em, Sean and myself when over to Panera and had breakfast. Cimmamon Crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese! Yumm! Sounds like a strange combo but boy is it good! Thanks Melissa for the intro to this combo a couple years ago. Oh and hey Melissa... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mom, Dad and I hit the road about 10 and had a nice drive to Benton. I got them unpacked and settled in and we called to see how far out Barbie was on her trip home from Florida. They were in Vicksburg and I had told Mom before we talked to her that I figured Jackson. Close. We were actually calling them to let them know of the pop up storms and she said they had gone through a couple already.

It was a great trip to Branson! We laughed, saw a show, shopped, ate, slept late (yep, I slept till 7 one morning!). A good time was had by all!

Before we went everyone including Mom was worried about taking Dad since he had a really rough trip when they went to Alabama several weeks ago. But I have to tell you, he did great! I did slip getting out of the shower but that was not really his fault! He was balancing himself on the towel bar attached to the shower door which was for looks only. He was fine and no other problems. He loved sitting out on the verranda watching the golfers and swimmers. We had a few laughes watching how bad some of the golfers were. I was sort of led to believe I needed to feel sorry for him but that wasn't the case a all. I really wished I lived in Benton because I'll probably go over everyday and take hime out for a minute (to the Sonic for a chocolate shake!). He was really moving great by this morning. He was very mobile. So much so that he got up the front steps at home very fast! Were there times I had to help him during the vacation? Sure, but like I told him during on of our first "gatherings" in the restroom, I've been in the locker room before so this didn't bother me. That seems to make him laugh. Thursday morning I waited until he was up and dressed before riding and he thought I was meeting my buds to ride. He told me to tell them I was late because I had to bath an old man. I just laughed and said, Nah, I didn't help you, we were just having a family reunion! It is hard to see a my Dad who has always been so active slowly down a notch. He does ask the same questions every now and then but boy he can catch me off guard with his sharpness too! Honestly, this really was a rewarding vacation!

No comments: