Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Got a little stormy!

Last night storms came through and I didn't realize it was that bad until driving to work. I got up at 6 and had just come into the kitchen and the garage light came on then went off. Then it did it again. I had not turned on the kitchen lights and knew the dogs were in the garagr since it was raining. What on earth were those dogs doing out there I wondered! Then I realized the stove clock was off. The electricity had just gone off. Terri said it came back on about 7:30. Once again, we were lucky.

As I drove down the road there were a couple of trees down and no lights anywhere except across the valley I could see street lights. JFK was all backed up and the brave NLR police were in the middle of the intersection directing traffic. Lightening was still going across the sky. There were also a couple of stalled cars in the road.

As of 11:43 this morning, it's still going on and my building has very limited power.

On a different subject, last nights ride was 34 miles of speed! I looked down and we were moving along at 24mph. I'm not sure we ever got under 18 last night. Myself and a few others stopped at the stop lights along the way and broke off from the group. They didn't run the lights but we just got caught as it changed to red. On the way back Keith, Chris, JBar sort of stuck together and made it back. Keith, if you're reading this, thanks for the long pull!

No comments: