Tuesday, December 19, 2006

System shock and shake

It was "let's see how you're doing" day at the fitness center. The trainer I use at the fitness center for core training wanted to do an eval as well as change up the routine. My arms are still shaking. I have only had to do gym time 2-3 days a week plus riding a couple but now it seems to be bumping up. I'll be in the gym 5 days a week and on the bike 2 as well as throwing in the spin classes here and there. I remember as I trained for my last big ride it turned into a 7 day a week program and I really enjoyed it and it just became a part of my life. I suspect I will start riding my bike to work again as the mornings get a little lighter, which they will start to do on December 22! I know that's a stretch but I hate the short days and add a cloudy short day and it's even worse.

Anyway, today was all upper body drills. By the end I didn't know if I could live through it. My arms were shaking like crazy. Was told to give it two weeks and that what we did today was "system shock". Oh it was shock alright. It was really funny though because when I went to the locker room I was so glad I was the only one in there because if anyone would have seen me reaching into my locker for my shirt they would have been concerned. I could barely lift my arm. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the shape I should be in and maybe...just maybe... I can ride with the big dawgs once again!

Take care!

No comments: