Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mark Batterson was awesome

I got over to the auditorium and got a great seat right in the center about 10 rows from the front. The graphics they used for the opening were really good. The crowd was a bit subdued but warmed up quick.

The Johnny and Chachie (sp?) came out. They, I think, are regulars from around here but they were great. Really funny. Did a spoof of 80 tunes.

Mark Batterson capped off the evening with a great motivation talk. He was as down to earth as it gets. Afterwards he hung around in the back and signed books and talked. Now I know why he is so successful. He took time with each person. I mean really took time. His new book Wild Goose Chase comes out Tuesday. I picked up In a pit with a lion on a snowy day. I've already read it but didn't have a signed copy. Now I do! It's been a while since I read it and so I'll probably reread it.

After the 4:15 wake up time this morning... I'm pooped!

No comments: